Have you ever...Name change question

Have you ever been dead set on a name for your child then once he/she was born the name just didnt fit the child? My son is 4 weeks old and everytime i look at him and say his name, it just doesnt click. We're already changing his last name from his fathers to mine and im wandering if the price will be the same to change the entire name as it is to change the last name.

has anyone else ever changed their childs name, or am i nuts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Should be the same, and in WA its rather simple until after 12mo old. (Dont need to go thru court system.)
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 11:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• oh wow! im having my last name changed (i have my "sperm donors" last name as i call him and i want it changed to my dads (step father) and i know i have to go to court for mine. but didnt even think about it being easier for changing my sons (who BTW im changing his last name to what mine will be...not what it is now) but thats awesome if its the same here, in oklahoma, as it is there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My mom named her daughter Clarissa Kate and then changed it to Claire Alyse. I guess it happens. Kind of odd, but she said her name just didnt fit her.
    LaceyE83

Answer by LaceyE83 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2010