movement at 32 weeks???? VERY WORRIED

I'm 32 weeks with my first pregnancy, my baby has never been overly active but at night mostly I could still get him kicking a rolling. Well anyways, I had a DR appt on Tuesday and she said everything sounds/ measures great. Wednesday I noticed less movement but still could get 10 in an hour or 2. Thursday way less movement and then yesterday I called my nurse cause I had felt less then 10 in 24 hours. She told me to get to the ER ASAP for a non stess test, I did and the dr there said heart beat looks like a happy healthy baby. I'm still not feeling much movement tho. Should I worry if they said he looks good lastnight or should I calm down? Any answers please, I am kinda freaking out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i kno it can be very scary! i was worried to death do around that point, i had the same thing happen i flew to the doc and the checked him n said he was fine but i was obsessed with him moving a lot lol. but they told me that close to the end he may not move quite as much bc he has less room. therefore if i were you i would test him in the morning and at night drink some OJ AND LIE ON UR SIDE see how many times he kicks then, but try not to be too worried poke him and shake him up a bit lol he will get rolling
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If they said he was fine last night, and you haven't noticed any difference, he's probably still fine. I agree with the PP about drinking some orange juice and lying down for a while; I don't know what it is about cold OJ, but that normally gets a baby moving. Or, if you're still worried or that doesn't work, you can try something caffeinated, a Coke or a cup of coffee, and that should definitely work.

Did they do an ultrasound at the ER? Did they say anything about baby's position? I noticed with my second that whenever she was facing my back, I felt a LOT less movement than when her arms and legs were flailing around where I could feel them on the outside. That might have something to do with it, too, especially since that's usually baby's position for birth.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• babies at this stage 30-40 wks tent to SLEEP more. im suprised they didnt tell you that. i only feel my baby move around evening for a little while. im 33 weeks and i dont ever worry.
    Anonymous

• Cold sugary liquids seemed to get my daughter to move around. Are you walking around a lot during the day? You could just be rocking the baby to sleep. I agree with the drink something cold and lay down. Do some tummy massage.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i know this from exp. you are suppoe to feel the baby move all throught the pregnacy. if the movement stops or isnt doing much movement at all then i would recommend an ultra sound! I was the beg. of my eigth month of my preg. and m3y baby stopped moving as much as he did through out the preg. and i begged my doctor to give me an ultra sound and he refused he said it was normal so in the middle of my eigth month i switched obgyns and they check me out and immeditly sent me for an ultra sound! come to find out my fluids were at a 3 when there not suppose t be below 8. I was rushed to the birthing center were they induced me and a few hours later gave birth. and my son was fine!!! IM NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU AT ALL I just felt like i would share my story. If you need to talk your more than welcome to email me.
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010