how to clean a gas stove?

I was wondering if it would be ok to use chemicals to clean it? I'm nervous about using anything because of the flame when it is lit, but I can't get all the stains off it

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• first pour a little boiling water onto the recesses to lift whatever "curd" you can, completely dry the stove top and use a product like Ceramabrite (can get it anywhere) to clean off the stains and leave it shiny. If you properly clean anything, there should never be a chemical residue left behind. always rinse/wipe, even if the bottle says you do not have to.

to answer- no it's not dangerous, and what I just listed was my preferred method.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We use cleaners on it. Never had a problem :)
    Heck I even have used that soft scrub stuff after DH decided to cook and boil over everything LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• ya, i use chemicals on mine all the time. fantastik usually for the stove top, and fume free oven cleaners for inside the oven. never had a problem
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I use baking soda, vinegar and salt

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• easy off
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010