Anyone else go later and later with each pregnancy?

I'm now 6 days overdue, my first baby was born 2 weeks early, my second was 3 days late, and this one doesn't seem like it's ever going to come! I'm afraid I'm going to end up with an induction, which on the one hand I really don't want, but on the other hand knowing that the doctor isn't going to let me go on another week is the only thing keeping me sane right now. I can't sleep, I can hardly walk because of pain, I've gained more weight than with either of the other two, I'm barely managing to care for my other kids, I feel like I've been having all kinds of signs of labor for the past 3 weeks and yet I'm not progressing at all. I don't understand why my body won't let go. There isn't much I'm asking I guess, just venting and I want to know if anyone else has been through this too. I'm sure many others have, I just thought normally babies got earlier each time, not later.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is different for each pregnancy. My SIL had both her babies the day before she would be induced. She was two weeks late with each. I had a friend that went late with her first(7 days) early with her second(two days) late with her second(10 days) It all depends on when you ovulated that month. You most likey concieve later in the month.
    Anonymous

• Your body and baby are simply not ready, that is why. :-)
    No need to over-think this, it is a very special and unique pregnancy. Try not to compare it to others.
    Your body IS getting ready to labor, you can put your energies into coping through the discomforts of being near the end.

What can you do to feel better-- try a pool or bath? Massage? Sleep?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I was early on the first, late on the second and on time on the third

Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My second was 3 days later than my first and both were "overdue." LOL Hang in there. =) You are doing great!!!
    ttaylor1998

Answer by ttaylor1998 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010