how long after a C-section is it okay to have Sex again?

my daughter is 3weeks old and iv been tempted a few times to have sex allready, is it safe or how long do i wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 weeks. but I had sex at about 4 weeks.... wasn't suppose to. But nothing happened to me, but that doesn't mean nothing will happen to you. you can get blood clots, tear stitches, and a ton of other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• 6 weeks, same as a vaginal. Talk to your doctor at your post-partum check-up.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• In child birth classes we went to, the teacher (who is an obgyn) said that they recommend 6weeks, but if you cant wait that long, to wait at least until the bleeding has completely stopped. I think for us is was about 4 or 5 weeks

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• 6 weeks but I would take to you Dr. Because it all depends on the way you were cut. You also have to remember. You use those muscles that they cut and don't want to rip anything open again. There is a lot that needs to heal and you don't want to get an infection. There is reason they want you to wait till you get the ok from them.
    Anonymous

• You need to ask your dr. This would not be a get a ruough estimate kind of thing. Just to be safe Id ask your dr.
    Anonymous

• I waited 5 weeks. I did it one week before I was supposed to, lol. It was really painful, though, so it didn't last long. I think it was was due to not having sex for a while. The last 2 months of my pregnancy we didn't have sex at all because my belly was insanely huge, and I was pregnant with a baby in the transverse position, making me extremely uncomfortable and in pain.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yes 6 weeks is the norm.. I got my tubes tied too so I was told 4-5 weeks depending on how I felt..
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2010