Flying while pregnant

Can you fly at all while you are pregnant? I will be 12 weeks tomorow, my dad who lives across country is having open heart surgery probably monday.....I know I am thinking worse case scenario but it something goes wrong can I fly to my family or will I have to drive?

Hulkgrrl

Asked by Hulkgrrl at 11:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as your doc says it's ok - same rules as flying when you're not pregnant -- get up and stretch frequently. If you can't do that - be sure to flex your toes and move your legs around (to prevent blood clots). Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You can fly. They don't like you flying in the third tri because of the possibility of going in labor. If everything has been going fine, fly and be with your dad.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 11:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yes, you can fly until 7 months (3rd trimester).
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• sure you can, I flew overseas from Germany to Florida when I was 8 months!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes you can! I just came back from my trip to south America to Canada (13 hours flight) and I am 18 weeks.
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 1:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The airlines wouldn't even know at this point in your pregnancy. I flew when I was 5 months and had a toddler; either the attendants didn't realize (I was just wearing a GAP maternity t-shirt) or they were just callous as they didn't offer me help at all.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes you can fly. I flew at 28 weeks and had no problems. Just drink lots of water and get up and stretch.
    If you're concerned ask your dr. but you should be fine since your so early in the preg.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010