How do I keep from settling for less than I deserve?

Being chased instead of chasing. That kind of stuff. This girl I work with was telling me that I am the prize and the guy needs to earn his way to winning me (something like that) I usually go for who likes me and I settle for what I can get. I don't wait for something better to come along. I always felt that I couldn't be picky and if I was, then I was gonna end up with nothing. I don't want to act like I am too good for someone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• First and foremost, you have to be okay being YOU, and with being alone. If you live your life in fear of being alone, then you will settle for less.

Sounds like you need to work on yourself, and on your SELF worth, and then it won't be so easy to fall for someone who isn't worthy of your time or affection.

It also helps if you don't jump into a physical relationship too fast.
    Anonymous

• I'm living proof the right one comes along when you aren't looking, or wishing, or wanting a boyfriend. I had made a decision NOT to have a boyfriend when I met the wonderful man I married. We spent nearly 6 months meeting each other in passing before he stopped to ask for my number. That's taking it slow and it was completely worthwhile. We're going on ten years of marriage and he takes excellent care of me and our kids.
    Anonymous

• it's simple, just don't do it! Who's in control here? You are the one calling the shots here so just don't settle. No one makes you chase them. No one makes you settle, you choose to settle. Once you realize who's in charge, things change.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010