how old was your child when you took him/her to a movie for the first time?

its really cold outside but i want to take my 14month old girl out...i was thinking about taking her to see the princess and the frog..do you think shes old enough for that?

mom2b112108

Asked by mom2b112108 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was 6 years old the first time he went to see a movie. One of the reasons was because we didn't want to expose him to noise that was that loud (theaters are horribly loud sometimes) Just to mention it.... I have heard (from more than one source) that The Princess & the Frog has some fairly creepy/scary parts in it. One of my friends used the word "disturbing"
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• nope I do not think she is old enough. I get so frustrated when people bring their little kids to see a movie because it disrupts the whole movie for everyone else. My son is 14 months and I wouldn't even think about taking him to a movie. Kid's don't have a long enough attention span for a movie in a theater until they are at least 3. But that's my opinion
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Both mine were 2 before we took them to the movies.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• did they do ok at two?i definatley dont want to disturb other people but she will watch cartoons at home ok..i dont know ..you think maybe i should pick a time when no other people would be there? we live in a really small town and this movie has been out for a while
    mom2b112108

Answer by mom2b112108 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would go to a matinee if your gonna go. My son as the attention span of a goldfish... LOL If that long, he won't sit and watch anything. But if your gonna take her, take her when not that many people will be there.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My daughter was only a couple months old.. if that when we went to the movies with her.. she slept through it... I think depending on how old your daughter acts.. and how well behaved she is and if she's willing to watch it .. then she's old enough .. but she still won't get the concept or even understand the movie .. it would be more for you.. maybe get a coat on and go for a walk or something? or try one of those indoor play places like at mcdonalds or something?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010