Date rape

so i was date raped on jan. 3rd. my husband got me the morning after pill at 6 am on the 4th. me and my husband had sex the whole week before than sex on the 6th 7th and 8 (we are ttc) i had my last period on the 21st of dec. i found out im pregnant a week ago. i go to the ob on monday to discuss this with him. but everthing i read points to the 7th as the conception date. im going to see if we can have an amnio done to determine if its my husbands i couldnt imagine having a rapists baby and possibly terminating and not knowing if its my husbands. do you ladies think it is from the rapist of hubby. please just any input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont know which one is the father. But if you are TTC why not keep it? I know it will be hard but if you want a baby so bad, why would you terminate the one you are pregnant with?
    I do know the mornign after pill SUPPOSEDLY doesnt work if you are already pregnant..
    Anonymous

• And regardless, I am sorry you had to go through that.
    Anonymous

• I'm confused, you went out on a date with someone other than hubby and you were raped?

I'm sorry to hear about this. I had a friend who was sexually assaulted at work, and that was such a hard thing for her to go through.

I will say that i remember watching an episode of Oprah and there were children who were conceived during a rape and they thanked their mothers(via the show) for adopting them out and giving them life. Regardless of whose it is, you need to decide if you are comfortable with terminating the pregnancy.

I'm thinking it's probably your rapists baby. because if you took the pill there should have been some spotting or bleeding when the embryo was "flushed" out if it was terminated. As with other forms of birth control(or whatever you call the morning after pill) there are possibilities that they aren't 100% effective.

However, i'm not a doctor so i could be way off on this. Maybe it is your husbands.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I hate to be obtuse but how do you get date raped when you're married?
    Anonymous

• I'm also confused, were you on a date while you were married and them your husband found out and gave you the morning after pill, doesn't make sence to me
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i didnt go out on a date i was out with girlfriends at a bar when i guess my drink was spiked i woke up in my car in the parking lot. i was sick after i took the pill and i spotted for 2 days after. i cant keep the baby i guess my friends saw me with a black man. ughhh this just all sucks we have been ttc for over a yr now. and my husband refuses to raise the baby as his if it comes out not fully white.
    Anonymous

• how were you date raped if you're married? Thats a little confusing.

Either way I'm sorry this happened to you, its awful. I would talk about it with DH and see how he feels. I think thats a decision the both of you should make. I mean, if you have the baby it could be DH's and you keep it, if not you can adopt the baby. I hope you two can find a common ground.....good luck and I'm sorry again.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Didn't the hospital give you the shot to make sure you didn't get pregnant from the rapist? They would have told you how long to wait to have sex. I agree that there should have been signs of the body sloughing off the tissue from the rapist if the morning after pill worked. I don't understand how the dh got you one. I didn't think you could just go out and buy those. Maybe whoever sold him one sold him something else instead.
    Anonymous

• my god date rape doesnt mean u were on a date!! date rape is when ur drugged with the date rape pill. sheesh why does everyone always suspect something soo mean about people. this poor girl was raped
    JoeysMomma1029

Answer by JoeysMomma1029 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Is'nt there a DNA test that they can do to determine if your husband is the father? Did you go to the police, if not that rapist is still out there, doing that to other women.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010