does anyone have a baby or child that has allergy induced asthma?

my 7 month old daughter was diagnosed with allergy induced asthma. we arent really sure what caused the asthma but we think shes allergic to cats or something else. we have her on the nebulizer.

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes!...cat dander..dust mites..my son is allergic to almost all outdoor stuff too when it comes spring and fall
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i have read that milk and red meat can cause asthma, as well as dust and mold...
    austrailia has an asthma website where they have breathing exercises that when used by people that use a nebulizer daily, only need to use the nebulizer 1-2 times a year! breathing exercises won't work for a baby of course!
    my dh is allergic to cats, he can't even be in a home that used to have a cat in it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Well our daughter doesn't (so far) but we both do. It could be anything- dust, mold, animals, pollen, a food, smoke, even pollution in the air. Mine is mild, and it really only flares up during the fall and spring, and then I end up being on two or three controllers for my allergies and the asthma is bearable. DH has it year-round. He should be on a nebulizer treatment, but we don't have coverage for that, so he takes a lot of otc allergy and sinus meds, and drinks a mountain dew when he can't breathe- the caffeine opens him up. Clean everything you can, get a dehumidifier for any moldy areas like a basement if that is possible for you, and give her her treatments when she is supposed to get them. It is possible to live normally with allergy asthma. WebMD has an asthma section that can be very helpful. Her doctor should also be able to help you locate the triggers and deal with them.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2010