Am I the only woman whos sex drive decreased dramaticly after getting pregnant?

My husband gets upset because I don't want to be intimate as I was before pregnancy. It usually hurts me when we make love. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Asked by Skye068 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• There is a product that may help called Astroglide. It is available at any pharmacy...this is a very common problem. Re assure hubby that it is not him, only your hormone levels. take care!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• No you're not alone!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I'm in the same boat as you... here's something that might help your relationship... We do "the trade". I give him a hand job or a blow job (sorry if that's TMI) and then he will give me a 10 minute back rub or foot rub. This way, we don't have to have sex, but we're both still getting something we want! :)

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I had the same problem. We had a very active sex drive that slammed on the brakes and was nothing. It hurt, was uncomfortable, and I just couldnt do it. But after I gave birth it was like someone flick a switch and it was back.. and I mean I was ready to go a week after...

Answer by tgiamt at 12:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yeah, try the astroglide Skye - I hear it's good ;).

Seriously though, it's all you, you're being selfish and need to give it up more - psh, quite being selfish.

I'm totally kidding LOL! Good luck!

Answer by wyomomma at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm with ya! =) Plus it just HURT!!!

Answer by November_Mom_2B at 9:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2008