did u ever get the epidural?

and if you did - do you have back problems? for how long? did it ever stop or still continuing?
i been having back problems and they have gotten worse speacially lately in the past month - this is been going on for almst 5yrs now - and the first dr's said it was from the epidurals i had gotten for both pregnancy. Now they dont even knw if its that. and the pain has gotten worse specially in past few months to the point that i hve a hard time walking and doing my normal activities. i had gone to physical therapy and that made it worse. I just got an mri done but i wont know what it shows until next wk.
so am just curious if any1 has have bck problems to this point and been told thats probably bcse of the epidural.

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Health

• I had back problems before I got the epi. They have neither gotten worse or better. I hope they find out the cause of your back pain!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i have gotten it done with my only child and i dont have any probs :( im sorry i cant help
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I had an epi with all three boys and have no problems. Hopefully your MRI will show something so they can get you help. My hubby has back problems (bulging disc) and I know how it impacts his day to day life. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Try seeing a chiroprator.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, most women are not aware of the potential after-effects of an epidural.

Definitely see a chiropractor; allopathic medicine has done all it can to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Had an epi and have had no back problems from it. You have something else going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• no back probs from mine either... see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• yes and I got it twice for each birth. My second was the worst...they knicked my spine with the needle and I had some very serious pain and back problems...so bad that I would get migraines and shoulder pains that ran into my arms.....I had to go to therapy to stretch and help ease the pain. It took about 6 months for the pain to subside.....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It gets better mine was lower back pain that went through my tummy too rather like cramps.
    Anonymous

• I had back problems caused by an epidural which doctors could do nothing about.  I started seeing a chiropractor and he said the pain was caused by scar tissue which was caused by the epidural.  After about a year of regular appointments the pain disappeared.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010