Pregnant Cat

Ok it's been a while since I've had a pregnant animal. My cat is getting bigger and bigger , so what signs do I look for when she's ready to pop? I've cleared a space in the closet for her , threw down some old blankets and taken her in there. I'm hoping she gets the message!

rotPferd

Asked by rotPferd at 12:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Usually before birth the cats are looking for a spot to have the baby. They become extremely lethargic and sleep more than usual a day or 2 before labor. They might eat less too. It is said that they let out a loud meow right before labor, but I dont know if that is true.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• when my cat was pregnant and she was about to have them she followed my husband around the house and meowed at him. she would not leave him alone. so once he realized she was about to have the babies he got a laundry basket, put some towels in it and put her in there and just comforted her, she needed all the support she could get, she had 8.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 12:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You can have your cat spayed while pregnant. It's called spay/abort. Please be a responsible pet owner.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• DON'T LISTEN TO THAT IDIOT ABOUT SPAYING HER WHILE SHE'S PREGNANT.. .THATS DISGUSTING!

You will notice her starting to nest... she will eat less and start trying to find a comfortable place.. it may not be the spot you've made for her....
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• LOL Thanx! She is sleeping more lately but is still piggin out. She has tried to open kitchen cabinets with her paws but it may be because that's where I keep the treats, she hasn't actually gone in. She WILL be getting fixed after the kits are weaned! I never knew she was in heat, unlike her sis who drove me crazy!
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 5:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We knew everytime our cat was about to have her babies because we could see her stomach contracting. She would come to us as if she was telling us she was gonna have her babies, she is a really lovable cat, she always wanted us around when she was having her kittens, we would sit with her until she was done, if we left to go to the bathroom or get a drink she would meow like crazy till we came back. I always thought that was cool cuz some cats dont like ppl to be around when they are having their kittens but she didnt want us to leave her side! Good luck with the little sweeties!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 8:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2010