AHHHHHHHHHHH My hair is orange!!!!!!!!!!HELP!

Omg so last night i went to walmart and wanted to dye my hair blonde... I had just dyed it STUPIDLY dark brown a couple months ago because I wanted a change..so anyway She stripped my hair? and that only took the color out of my roots so she bleached my whole head and then toned it. ITS ORANGE!!!! how to fix this?!

Im going back there in a couple hours but I want to know what would fix this BEFORE I go back! HELP PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a real hair stylist. You bleaching your hair so much to close together is NOT good.
    Anonymous

• Go in or call before, make sure you talk to the person in charge and let them know what happened and that they did something horrible to your hair. I, myself, am not sure if I'd want to continue there. I'd probably demand any money back and got to a much BETTER salon and get it done right before they fry your hair. If you don't go elsewhere, I'd tell them you want if fixed NOW and by whomever is the best in the place. good luck.
    Anonymous

• not knowing exactly what she did, or her intention, its hard to say what went wrong. many things went wrong, by your retelling. the roots and the dark brown-colored hair should've been lightened differently/different formulas-products, as the beginning canvasses weren't the same. its quite a process to decolor colored hair, especially browns, and can take some time. however, you can't do it all in one process/visit, unless you want to compromise the integrity of the hair..which i'm sure has been done. you'll need major recondtioning/protein-replenishing before anymore bleach/lightener is applied. preferably, you'll want your hair to 'rest' before the next step. more than likely, your hair will be relightened, hopefully with slower-working developer/lightener, so it can be watched. (i'd weave a few diff. formulas myself). this is not something that can be done hurriedly. if you don't feel the manager can finish this...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• ..to your satisfaction, then buy a hat/wig and search for a properly trained colorist who specializes in corrective coloring. ask around...what i'd do, is call your local beauty supply (preferably the one that only licensed practitioners can purchase from, not the public), and inquire as to who they know is a preferred colorist. they will know, because this salon/colorist repurchases color supplies often. good luck.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• this happened to me when I was younger.....a good friend who is an amazying color specialist had me go buy that purple hair shampoo which takes out brassiness from blonde hair. It actually worked in getting my color to a medium blonde and not hot orange.....you could try that.....It's sold at walmart...its a purple shampoo that's designed for blonde hair.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Wow, as a professional anyone who would do something so stupid, you should not go back. First off, you can't go that blonde after being that dark safely. And NO shampoo with purple toner is going to help you. It's meant to brighten bondes not correct a bad color job. Bleach processes differently and at different speeds on different parts of the hair shaft. Obviously she did not apply the bleach appropriatly if your roots are blonde and your hair is orange. It is beyond me how some people get their license. Your hair is way too stripped and damaged to do anything else to it but pick a nice demi permamnent color and color over it for now, And find a place that does reconstructive treatments also. You'll need it. Sometimes when we try to do things for less money we end up paying more...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• BTW Shame on that stylist for giving you the idea that you could even do this!!! Consultation is so important. Want we want and what we can reasonably achieve aren't always the same. If you want to go blonde you will probably have to get foiled a few times, and do it gradually. There is no way you could have safely gone from that dark to that light in one day in one service.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i have had this happen to me too and after my stylist made me that orangey bleachy funk color she told me she refused to do anything more for a week or else it would all fall out, so i had to sit at home for a week with funky hair. Get a hat is all I can say.
    I went from natural blond to auburn then wanted to go back to blond and thats what happened with that
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:06 AM on Jan. 24, 2010