does it hurt to breast feed?

do our boobs go bac to normal wen you breast feed or do they get smaller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that hurt was when my DD started biting and I found a way to get her to quit that after 2 days and it hurt me emotionally at 16 months when she deiced she was done breastfeeding. I was sad it went by too fast. And, yes my boobs are a size smaller than they were before I got pregnant so I am now a 32A :( Oh well, atleast they are so small they can't sag. lol
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• No it doesnt hurt. Yes your breast will change some even if you dont breastfeed. It just happens when you have kids.
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy alters their shape (height) so not too much turning back, there. ;-)
    BFing doesn't hurt e (I sleep right throughall the time), but it can be uncomfortable while learning and if there is a problem.
    With help, support, encouragement, no prob!!
    ;-D
    Best wishes!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes they will hurt for a bit at first. You have to remember they are not use to someone sucking on them so much. but after 4 to 6 weeks or less that will go away. It is so worth it. They will change in some why. Mine did not get smaller. Mine got bigger but also sags quite a bit. But nothig a good bra can hide and know one will know unless you tell them and well of course your hubby/SO
    Anonymous

• It's different for every woman. Some women feel no discomfort while others feel very sore at first.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes, it hurts but just right in the beginning. I remember thinking about a month into, oh, this doesn't hurt anymore. Then as a pp said, when they start to bite. My dd is getting teeth and the biting was happening for about three days and then stopped. Hopefully it is over.
    Anonymous

• yes it hurts. thats why i stopped and went to bottle feeding.
    Anonymous

• it depends on the person....it didnt hurt me.....of course im not as sensitive as others may be.....so its 50/50
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I had some pain for the first two week.

Contrary to old wives tales, pregnancy (and age and gravity) change your breasts, not breastfeeding.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If you're doing it right and baby is latched properly it shouldn't hurt at all.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010