I know probably a silly question but ( repost in diff section hopefully some more answers)

is there anything extra I would have to do school wise to teach Egyptian History in High School? Or is it the same schooling?

Before someone goes off saying that they doubt High School has that class, I took it from 8th to 11th grade as well as Mythology. I even went to a small town school that bused kids in from 4 other small towns as well.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know but I'm familiar with that class. I took it for 2 yrs in high school, i think.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If you are working on/have a degree in history or a social science and then get certified to teach in a social studies/ social science curriculum, then it's probably up to the school. Sometimes "specialty" subjects are reserved for the more senior teachers.

If the school where you are hired does not have an existing program, most schools have a ciriculum review period every year where they discuss adding new classes.

If you are still in school, working on an honors thesis in Egyptology or in teaching supplemental history or some related topic could be very convincing to a potential employer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010