I'm super frustrated

My husband and I live with another couple. A third couple used to live with us but have since moved out. The current couple moved to the larger room but still have the extra room filled with their stuff. The baby is due to be here in two weeks and they've had three months to clean their old room out so I can set up the nursery. This isnt the sort of thing that just randomly was sprung on them so they shouldnt have any trouble cleaning it out. I am at my wits end and the only thing I can do about it is leave the door open. There are three cats in the apartment two of them have the tendency to pee on clothes left on the floor. There is so much of their stuff left in the room if the cats did anything to it, it would all be on their stuff and nothing would put the baby at risk. The husband still wants to be diplomatic but Im past the point of diplomacy. What are some creative ways you might motivate them to move their crap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• move out get your own place.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, we will be working on that as soon as this lease is up. Right now we either have to find someone to replace our share of the rent or pay a rediculous amount of money we can't afford to break the lease
    Anonymous

• I would certainly find a nice apt. to live in that met my monetary means......room mates are terrible especially when you are married....I would get out asap....however for the time being, or that is not an option to you I would recommend asking the other couple sit down...possibly after a dinner all together ( couples dinner) and tell them how you feel. You should communicate your feelings, so tell them whats on your mind (nicely) and say that you're ready for the space to be cleared for the nursery and you would be willing to help clear it. Let it all out as civilly as you can and see if that makes a difference......perhaps they need that motivation.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Move out and tell them that your baby is on the way, so you are going to have their crap packed up and sent to the Salvation Army if they don't get it out by the end of the week. That should do the trick.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am still trying to remain civil, Both my husband and I have offered help and I can barely move comfortably. still the empty boxes my husband brought them are sitting empty in their room. They've kept promising and missing many deadlines. When they are home and have free time all they do is sit on the couch and play the computer. I have no more diplomatic ideas left. The only idea besides the cats and just getting rid of their stuff is pulling all the baby stuff i have no where else to put, out into the livingroom so its in everyones way
    Anonymous

• Keep the baby(in the crib of course) in your room until you move out. We had our twins in the room with us after we had them. Alot of parents do that.

Orrrrrrrrrr...you can take a bold approach and take their crap out of that room (have hubby help)and toss it in their room(somewhat neatly) on their bed and floor.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• TELL THEM IT MUST BE DONE NOW!

Cat urine can be very VERY bad for prego women and babies...stay away.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Jam all the stuff they've left in the room like clothing and bedding, soft stuff, in paper bags or trash bags (thebig black ones) and put the bags in their room. Shove any furniture, dressers, etc, hard stuff, in after the bags. Just get it all out of the room and set it up for the baby. Don't intentionally ruin any of their shit, but you don't have to be overly careful with it either. Tell them if THEY had done it per the agreement, it would have been done their way.
    Anonymous

• I know cat urine is bad for babies so Im staying away from that, but it makes me feel a little better to think of things to do to their stuff. The girl should probably be home soon. Im giving her one more chance to move her crap then im having the husband help me move it
    Anonymous

• .If you are paying 50/50 tell them because they are using the extra room and you only have one room they will now pay 60-70 and you will pay the 30-40.

Money always changes things...
    Anonymous