how do you know if you have lost your mucus plug?

does it have a certain look or color?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The mucus plug often looks like a jelly-like chunk of discharge that is clear, slightly pink, or tinged with a small amount of blood. Sometimes, instead of a jelly-like chunk, in some women the mucus plug looks like stringy mucus or a sticky discharge.

While blood in the mucus plug can be normal, the amount of blood is generally a spot. If you have more blood than that, contact your GYN doctor.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If i remember you will have some blood on your underwear
    Anonymous

• The blood is totally different that the mucous plug. TYPICALLY (not always because you can actually lose your plug during labor) you will lose your plug over a period of time (it can be a week or it can be months, like I did) and then towards the onset of labor you will have "bloody show" which is mucous with a streak of blood running through the middle.

During my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I lost my plug for about 8 weeks EVERYTIME I went to the bathroom! I would feel it as I was wiping. TMI, I know but... it would stick to the TP as I was wiping and it would stay attached to me so I would have to re-wipe a few times to get it out. This would happen every time i went to the bathroom!! It was a clearish/yellowish stringy thick discharge. I kinda describe it as being like that gooey stuff that holds fliers to magazines or phonebooks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010