Want to stop GM foods?

If you do, please join the Millions Against Monsanto campaign. (link below)

Feel free to share some tid-bits of knowledge you have about food safety so we can all learn more about protecting our food supply.

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 1:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Umm LOL why?
    I have NEVER heard ANYTHING LOL
    Anonymous

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thanks for the links. I wish more people would understand the process of GMOs. Food, Inc and The Future of Food are two good documentaries.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• NOT paying 10 dollars for organic crap sorry,
    Anonymous

• This is important information. Buy organic, buy local!
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• forget the buzz word ORGANIC - buy LOCAL.

organic is more often the same stuff with the minimal efforts to be called ORGANIC. they do the least amount possible to be classified organic - and most is from the exact same location, factory, processor - with a shiny label and ORGANIC written across so they can charge you way more money for the same thing. its not healthier - its to make the consumer feel good about what they're buying.

no wonder people thing eating healthy is so expensive....because they think healthy means organic.

buy local - try the 100mile diet - educate yourself before becoming a slave to a label designed to rip us off.

and YES I have done EXTENSIVE research on this. google organic and you'll find out the truth.
    Anonymous

• Organic costs more bc of GMO food lobbyists and corporations like Monsanto! They are pulling the wool over the public's eyes to make people think organic is expensive and unnecessary.

If everyone who believes that farmers should be able to grow the crops they chose in the safest way at the lowest cost would pass this info on, we could make a difference.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree with PP anon, research it , it tells you that they use the min just to earn that lable and ya 7 bucks a gallon for organic milk is unnecesary.
    If it is SOOOO important then why dont they sell it at the same price or cheaper?
    Anonymous

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If I can't buy local, I buy organic. it's the best I can do right now. BUT many organics (USDA certified) are no more expensive than non-organic.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010