Is he small

Everyone keeps telling me he is so small/little he is 3 years old 36 1/2 inches tall and 28.7 lbs. He wears 3t pants and 3t to 4t shirts and size 81/2 to 9 shoe he seems the right size to me.

deshea207

Asked by deshea207 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds normal to me.

my middle dd was tiny - she's 6 and barely 35pounds soaking wet - petite little frame..

some kids just look small - get him in a group with other kids his own age and you can really get a good idea.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Your child is the same size as mine, mine is 3 as well and he is in the 5th percentile for both height and weight. You will notice the difference more when he is around similar aged children. My three youngest are all 5th percentile or smaller, it's no problem at all and my doctor said it's far healthier then being 95th percentile, etc.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My daughter was 18 months old before she finally made it to a forward faceing car seat. Now that she is almost two She can almost wear her 18 mnth clothes with out them falling off of her. So I would say nope he dosent seem little to me. But you know boys have a tendency to shoot up over night.
    MOTHERBEAR6

Answer by MOTHERBEAR6 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Never mind what others think. He sounds perfect to me.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• He's about the same size as my ss, but then his mom is real small as well. He was also a preemie, to be honest he does seem small to me, but then my own son had been 36" at 15 months. lol No, I'm not kidding, but then again he was 6'3" by the time he was 16 also.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• may daughter just turned 3, and thats her exactly. and her dr actually told me she was short and fat. needless to say, i found a new dr.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. Forget what people say anyway. Your kid could shoot up 4 inches next year and be the biggest kid around.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Ironically, I have the growth chart that peds use (from the CDC) and I plotted him on it and he falls into the 25th percentile on both height and weight which children who fall between 25th and 75th percentiles are considered average. To double check myself I also put his stats in here http://www.magicfoundation.org/Growth_chart/main_growthchart.html and they came up the same.

My ds is 10yrs old and is below the 3 percentile in height.  He is 50".  He is in the 10 percentile for weight.  He weighs 58 lbs.  He fell off the charts around age 6 yrs.  Prior to that, he was growing normally.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• my dd is 31 lbs , she uis going to be 3 in march. 36 in and wears size 8 shoes. clothes she fits in 2t-3t and some 4 t(depends on the brand)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My 18 month old is almost the same size.... he's 35 inches and about 28 lbs, so to me, he sounds pretty tiny.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2010