Taxes

Im sure there has been so many questions pertaining to taxes..But my husband owes back taxes. 09' was the first year we were married. And he owes from previous years. Do I file sepratley? If I do that, will my taxes be taken?. Or do I file jointly, and fill out the injured spouse form?
I know I can file the inured spouse form electronically, its just confusing me and will need to get some help. & I usually file online every year for myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• call the IRS
    Anonymous

• You can continue to file separate if you want. My dh owes back taxes because he is self-employed. We just make payments every month to the IRS. We file jointly and everything that I would have gotten back just goes on his back taxes. Well, it just makes what he owes for that year less technically. Hope that helps a little. I don't know about the injured spouse form. I would think though that if you filed separately you would still get your return regardless of him owing taxes.
    Anonymous

• If you file separate you will not get the earned income credit, which drops your refund alot. It will also take 11 to 14 weeks to get your return with an injured spouse form. We file with an injured spouse form for the last two years, and this is the last year we will need to do so. We do so, so that we can get the large refund.
    .Misha.

Answer by .Misha. at 3:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time). Make an appointment with the local office.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010