do you think it is ok to talk to other men on the internet when you're married?

chilepepper79

Asked by chilepepper79 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think we can really answer your question. We aren't you or your husband and really, it's a decision that has to be made between you two. It's really about how both of you feel. You want to know if it's ok? Ask your husband. If he's got no problem with it then by all means the answer is yes. If he has a problem with it then you two need to talk and maybe the answer is no. I think with each relationship it's a decision that has to be made by the couple.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 12:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Unless they are related to me or close family friends, no. It's crossing a boundary. Even though intentions may be innocent at the time, you could be unknowinlgy setting up a situation. I wouldn't like it if my hubby was on the computer conversing with women.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I agree with Steff. I don't see why a married woman would have the need to talk to a man on the internet unless he was a family friend or a relative. Even if it's innocent on the woman's end, it very well may not be on the man's end, and I think it's just asking for trouble. If my husband were talking to a woman that I didn't know...even a woman I DID know, unless I really trusted her...I wouldn't be comfortable with it. It's not that I don't trust my husband, I simply wouldn't understand what he felt the need to discuss with another woman that he couldn't discuss with me. If you truly don't know if it's appropriate, ask your husband if he minds...if he doesn't, you're probably fine to do it. If he does mind, there's your answer.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• No is not ok....no matter how good of a person you are, you can be leaving yourself open for trouble...not everyone that cheats is a cheat...sometimes we find comfort in others, and before you know it!!! you find yourselve emotionaly involved without wanting too...
    BiBi2010

Answer by BiBi2010 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Maybe I'm the odd man out, but SO and I both have friends of the opposite sex that are NOT mutual friends. Both of us maintain healthy friendships outside of our immediate relationship. I see not a thing in the world wrong with it. Only when someone is insecure would it become an issue, when two people TALK to one another... I am not implying that it is OK to pursue an emotional relationship that you should be having with your SO, but that there SHOULD be nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with having a platonic relationship- that is what most of you assume you have with other women, no? Well, what is to say that they are not attracted to you? You would never be the wiser, yet you assume that because you are the same sex it is OK... I believe that the same rules apply to people in general. As long as the intentions are wholesome, there is no problem.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with having male friends but keep it open. If you talk to them online it could be something that is more secretive. That is not respectful. When I talk to other guys my husband always knows about it because I would never want to lead him on or anyone else on to believe it was anything more than just talking.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 3:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Not so much...no.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the conversation.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 3:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I was going to reply, but ObbyDobbie stole the words right out of my mouth. Thanks ObbyDobbie for allowing me to see that hubby and I aren't the only adults left capable of trusting one another to have friends of the opposite gender!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i have guy friends from school my hubby knows them and i know when convos cross the line. a few of them i just delete them out of my life if they try stuff with me. im committed to my husband and only my husband. and i let my guy friends know that
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010