is this normal 3 month old baby girl has bald spot on back of head

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes! This is from sleeping on her back. It will grow in in a few months.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It can be from spending hours laying on her back. Babies started having problems with flat heads and bald spots when the 'Back to Sleep' campaign started.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• LOL, Yes but NO it is not just from sleeping on their backs
    It is also from their head movement in carseats, swings, and bouncers.
    My daughter had it too. Dont worry it all grows in as they get older.
    Anonymous

• Its normal for human babies to be held and sleep with their mothers not to have swings, bouncers, cribs, ect.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's normal, to an extent. My cousin had to be put in a helmet because her head was so flat. But that was just because my aunt never held her and she was always in a swing or bouncy or crib. As long as you hold your baby and don't leave them in a crib, car seat, bouncer, swing, etc, her hair will grow back. Doctors don't recommend leaving a baby in any toy for more than 30 minutes twice a day.

mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yes indeed!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes, I freaked out too! My daughter had such beautiful hair supply............. until the day she started MOVING her head back and forth !!! LOL

I even called my pediatrician.. Here I thought it was from her sleeping on her back, and all along I wasn't paying attention to how much she moves her head back and forth to look around in the swing, bouncer, sleeping.. etc! It is NOT from being on her back too long!!

For the record my daughter has a PERFECT head.. She does not have any FLAT spots!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Yes is normal.....because babies are laying on their backs, they all loose their hair on the back of their heads, I have five children and a grandaughter, it happend to all of them...don't worry
    BiBi2010

Answer by BiBi2010 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yeah mine had that issue. its normal, and my daughter was born with tons of curly blonde hair, shes 13 months now and its growing back in fine, (shorter than the rest but its there lol)
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 8:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010