What can I feed my toddler to make the most out of breakfast?

He is 21 months old and he eats anything you give him for breakfast while the rest of the day is pretty hit and miss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fruits and Whole Grains.
    Give him cut up banana and some whole grain cheeros.
    Oatmeal is another great thing to give him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• oatmeal, they have all those yummy flavored ones. fruit, slice up a banana, or those dole cups of fruit. i make my daughter those mini pancakes, or a waffle, french toast sticks or oatmeal and follow it with the baby yogurt, fruit of some kind, or raisins and always a cup of milk. breakfast seems to be the easiest meal for her as well.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 4:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Scrambled eggs, toast , fresh fruit, juice, milk, oatmeal... If you make a healthy breakfast then missing lunch, or not eating much isn't a big deal...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• oatmeal - add all the fun stuff yourself (the packaged ones have crazy ingredients and sodium levels) - bananas, apples, berries, dried fruit.

eggs! lots of good protein.

whole grain toast or pancakes or something with carbs and bulk to keep him going.

yogurt with extra fruit - my girls love frozen fruit on yogurt - freezing makes it sweeter and its fun to crunch.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Oatmeal or cream of wheat- - when my kids were little I would make the plain kind and mix applesauce into it--my kids loved it!!
    Yoghurt, fruit or fruit cup, cottage cheese, bagel with spread, eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, toast...
    Sometimes I make a skillet scramble- fry up some potatoes with onion, mushrooms and add in scrambled eggs, diced ham, cheese and then serve with a side of toast.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Make sure you provide some fruit, grains and protein.
    Anonymous

• A slice of whole wheat or whole grain toast or a bowl of oatmeal (not the prepackaged instant crap, it's full of unneccessary sugars & preservatives - the old fashioned stuff in a canister, really easy to cook and add a bit of cinnamon & brown sugar), an egg, some fruit, and a glass of milk.
    Anonymous