is seafood fattening?

i was wondering if seafood is fattening like shrimp,lobster,fish,scallops,craps, etc ...??? or is it more leaner than other regular meats.. like beef,pork, chicken, etc.. ? j/w

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Google it.
    Anonymous

• i did theres nothing that good .. i thought maybe you guys would know more .. its soo much easier to talk to someone about .. then trying to find it .. : /
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• not all seafood is created equal... shellfish are bottom feeders, and I do not count them as food (nor do I consider pork to be edible). Fish in general is good, darker fish means more omega 3s. That is the "Good" kind of fat, in case you didn't know. yes, in general, seafood is lower in fat, cholesterol, and batter for you... Although I wouldn't eat a "crap" lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• hahahahaha lol my bad ... crabs ... omg .. thank you for the info tho .. :)
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• lol @ my "Batter"...

I am a vegetarian who occasionally eats fish... that should tell you something. Yes, seafood is superior.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• good ... i hate eating meat to .. just becaus ei feel bad about the animals ... but i think im going to start eating seafood ... thanks :)
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• seafood isnt that bad in moderation just like all other meats. I would say its certainly better than red meat...its all how you prepare it too...I know many people love lobster with melted butter.....its the butter that kills the nutritional value.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• In general seafood is better for you, but it all depends on the preparation. If you fry it or cook it with heavy, fatty sauces it will be very calorie dense. Broiled fish is very good for you. It has Omega 3's, which your body needs.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Ok, so I googled it for you. Really not that hard to type it in the search box and click on one of the choices.

This info was at http://www.great-workout.com/nutrition/seafood/seafood-nutrition-facts.cfm

Shrimp (king prawns) 1 gram fat

Lobster 1.5 grams fat

Fish depends on what kind it is

Scallops 1.5 grams fat

Crab .5 gram fat

Anonymous

• I've always wanted to be a pescatarian(sp??) but i'm stuck in a house with a bunch of meat eating boys. So that won't happen until i'm around fifty or so LOL I know i've seen alot of salmon recipes on diet menus. Here's a few maybe this will help.

http://www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/Recipes/Recipe-Search-Results.aspx?type=keyword&value=fish
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010