What will help with potty training my 2 1/2 year old boy?

I have a 2 1/2 year old boy, that I need some advice on how to go about potty training him. We got him a potty chair, and he tells me when he needs to go potty, most of the time. I have gotten him to go potty in it twice, but now it seems like he has just reverted back to wanting to just pee in his diaper. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about getting my son to use the potty more than going in his diaper? Thanks,
Potty-Stressed-Mommy

2PreciousAngelz

Asked by 2PreciousAngelz at 4:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let mine run around with out a diaper. Hes only peed on the floor like 3 times so far.....This morning he took off his diaper and peed in the potty all by himself. Maybe just try going diaperless for a day or two.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• there is a 3 day training method on babycenter that has them go bottomless and i plan on trying it with my daughter. also, make it fun and rewarding. let him play with little toys or read on the potty. reward him with a sticker or piece of candy when he is successful. show him how you go potty and then praise and reward yourself so he see's other people doing it. hope that helps some...i have been reading extensively about it lately.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 4:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Wait until he is really ready. I waited until mine turned 3. Then take the diapers away completely. Except at night. The first day take him every 45 minutes or so. Give him a ton of praise, buy cute character underwear, give him m&ms when he goes. Do it when you can stay home for 3 days. The next day, mine knew when they had to go, but they didn't always make it. All 3 of mine were completely trained by day 3. Don't ever go back to diapers, that's the key to it. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Why are you putting him in a diaper? Of course he will go in the diaper if you give him one. Take diapers away, that is the point of potty training.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2010