How Much Do You Get In Child Support? Or How Much Does Your DH Pay For Child Support?

Just curious, my dh might be gettng n this situation, so f you receeive CS how much do you get for one child? Or if your dh pays CS how much do they take out of his check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's not based on the number of children.
    CS is based on both the custodial and non-custodial parents income and takes into consideration: union dues, estimated taxes, the obligation to support other children and many other factors.

The state (cost of living) is also a factor. Health Insurance expenses. Day care expenses.

Not everyone in the country paying child support for 1 child pays the same amount.
    Anonymous

• My husband has a 16 yo daughter and 12 yo son from a previous marriage. Currently he pays $89 per week for the both of them. It changes every so often depending on the situation. There is a chart that the court goes by. Under 12 yo is less money, who makes the most money pays a higher percentage, they give credit if you have other children you are responsible for or have to provide health insurance and day care costs. In my husbands case he has to pay 48% of their care but gets credit for providing for our daughter. It really is a complicated equation.
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Go to your states web site and search child support guidlines. There should even be an estimater on there for you to enter information. It depends on both your income. Normally he is 100% responsible for health care, 50% of school costs and so on.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Perhaps this can help as a guide line but it goes according to your state.

Anonymous

• I know its not all the same, there are different situations, I just want to her other peoples situations and maybe it maybe smilar to mine and I can get a generalization
    Thank you formykids373
    Anonymous

• It all depends on how much he makes and if he's working. My ex pays me $35 a week for my daughter...is used to be $70 a week, but he got laid off...so now I only get half which is CRAP. But yeah...it all depends...
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• go to your states sociswl services site there should be a child support calculator, you can put in the info and it will calaculate an estimate.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I'm supposed to get 850 a month for one child her daddy makes 80-100 thousand a yr
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 6:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I pay $250 a month for my son. I know it's rare to know a woman who pays it. But I do.
    Anonymous

• I get $227 every two weeks for one of my twins. My ex-husband refuses to claim the other twin as his own. (He only signed the acknowledgement of paternity form for one of them.) He makes $500 more a month than I do for the time being, but I get extra because he doesn't have them at least three nights a week. He only gets them occasionally.
    mommyoftwins903

Answer by mommyoftwins903 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2010