Ballpoint Pen Ink!

My 18 month hold got ahold of a pen while he was in his crib for naptime and now his whole mouth is blue. Most of it got all over his clothes and the sheets I think, but I did call poison control and they said the ink is non-toxic. Has anyone else's kid ever done this? What did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For his mouth and body there is nothing to do but let it come off on it's own. It will wear off in the next few days. Make sure to take plenty of pictures for the scrapbook :p
    For the sheets and bedding I have heard that hairspray will get it out. Spray with hairspray until it is wet and then blot with a white rag. depending on how much got on the bedding, it might be worth just buying new.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• there isnt much you can do..besides giving him a bath to try and clean it off. It's non toxic so it won't hurt him.

i bet he looks adorable though lol..
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• hairspray or rubbing alcohol for the cloth stains, if it doesn't come out then...well some things just don't come out even if they should!!! lol I still can't figure out how dd ruins so many clothes. activated charcol will absorb anything in his tummy & is safe cuz its all nat, mix in w/ food. As far as his lips you may wanna give him some crystal light, that stuff stains everything it turns red lol!!!! Not too much, its mostly sugar & not really good for him but you can rub some on his lips.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• my youngest son did this.......he ruined my bed sheets actually......the ink is still there.....and there was no way for me to get it out...
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• after a good cry over the best of my bedding for my queen size bed ............( totaly ruined) .................and a bath for my nerves ................. i was ok..............baby was fine ........and not permanentlly marked up ( he got a sharpie marker) ....

there isnt much you can do .................its just one of those things that comes with toddlerhood.............:)
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2010