Looking for a Hindu...

I am opening a new forum in one of my groups. In this forum we are going to choose one religion a month to discuss. These discussions will be for educational purposes and will be simple Q&A, myths vs reality and "What Is" posts to help people outside these faiths understand the beliefs, practices and people on these paths.

I would like to have at least one member of each chosen faith represented at the time when their faith is chosen. This way they can answer questions or give explanations from the point of view of a believer.

Featured Religions are chosen by vote and we have gotten a request for Hinduism. However I do not have any Hindu mama's in the group. I'm wondering if there are any even on the site - I'm sure there are.

So, to make this a question ~ Are there any Hindu Mama's on here??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Hindu, but what group do you have? That sounds like a cool forum

C.Sb

Answer by C.Sb at 5:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• not hindu, I know alot about it......but if you do Shinto...that is my religion! :)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• only one hindu family that i know, and none are on CM. Sorry :(
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Darn, I know of a couple of Hindu Mom's but they are not cafemoms.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The name of the Group is End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance... We would be more than happy to have either of you. This is a new feature, and we will be posting our first "Religion of the Month" for February. We also do not have an area for Shinto, so your expertise would be more than welcomed LynnB1!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sorry, here's the link to the group...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/103652

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Sabrina I will definatley check in our group for those discussions. That is awesome.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I know there are a few Hindu moms on the site. I used to be in a Hindu Moms group but they may not come to this particular section.

I learned a bit from them and from my readings as its part of my spirituality. The group was closed due to inactivity but I do know they are around.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My ILs are Hindu, and I practice Buddhism which originated out of Hinduism, but I doubt I know enough to comprehensively answer questions, and it would still be an 'outsider' perspective.

I'm a member of your group though, if you want a Buddhist mom I'd be glad to participate!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010