How do you manage your time?

How do you take care of the kids, the house, cook meals, and whatever else needs to be done plus still have time for yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• well now that dd's a little older & sleeping thru the night till 9:30 hubby leaves for work @ 7:30 & he usually wakes me up when he's getting ready. I designate this time as my time & do whatever I feel like as long as its for me & not chores. I also watch the 6:30 news every night so I feel like I have some idea of what's going on in the world. Sometimes you have to say its for you & be a little selfish w/ your time, if you don't nurture you noone else will. So many mammas lose themselves to their kids or families, make sure you set some time aside for you. You deserve it & it will keep you sane longer.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I have to have a routine....I'm not currently working and I'm a full time student and full time mom to two kids 3 & 4 (almost 5). So I wake up in the mornings before them...around 7 am.....get their breakfast ready, start straightening up the house, take out the dog and have my cup of coffee. Once they're up I go work out on my treadmill while they have breakfast....then we all go shower. After that we'll go outside (weather permitting) and play and take the dog out on a long walk. We come back for lunch and the boys nap. I take this time to start working on my school work. When the boys wake up they watch some television and have snacks...around 4 I start making dinner.....to be ready by 5 30 /6 ........then we eat, rest for a little bit and get ready for bed by 7 30 / 8 pm.....and once they're in bed I read my school text books and handle bills....the joy oh the joy lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Have kept to a schedule since the day ds was born. It's not like Im standing around like a Drill Sgt or anything, and we will veer off once in a while, but our household thrives on our schedule. And everyone knows, dont disturb Mommy during her quiet time unless it's an emergency.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 7:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Wow, LynB. I am jealous. You sound like you have it down. I have one daughter who is 6 and I still don't have it together that much. I get up at 6 in the morning and get ready. I start breakfast and then wake my daughter. She dresses and then comes in for breakfast. Some days she doesn't want to get up so she won't get to eat much. My husband puts the dog out and feeds him. I feed the cat. We get all of our things together for school. We pick up my nephew and take him and my daughter to school. Then my husband and I go to school ourselves. We have to drive an hour to get there. We get home before we have to pick our daughter up at 3. We get her and have some fun outside or playing a game. She does hmwk. I clean the house while husband cooks dinner. We eat and then get our daughter ready for bed. Then we study and pass out in front of the tv.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010