is it normal for a 6 week old to be able to roll over during tummy time?

she did it 3 times in a row!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its a bit advanced and a good thing.

my son rolled over when he was 2 days old! i was still in the hospital and bed ridden from the c-section...it scared the crap out of me lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It is early but my youngest rolled about the same age. he hated being on his stomache.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It's pretty young for that. Mine were around 3 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• My son did it and no one believed us. So the entire family sat in the living room watching one afternoon until they saw it. He was about average on all his other milestones. He didn't walk until about 14 months. I think he could roll over early because he was so tiny, he didn't have to be too lift his own weight.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 7:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• my daughter did at 3 weeks, and i have it on video (2 weeks later so 5 weeks on the video, but the first couple times were 3 weeks.) but then she stopped for a long time. (well like 2-3 months) so maybe mine was a fluke, but shes been walking since 11 months.(not very steadily then, but now she is at 13 months.)
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 8:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010