not sure and i wanna do it right..

how many ounces should a 6 week old be eating and how often should they be burped? im giving 4 ounces every feeding and burping every after every ounce..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never burped them until they finished the bottle, but if that is working out for you, fine. It just sounds like a lot of work. 4 ounces is fine. Is she finishing the bottle? I would give as much as she will take.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You're doing good. My six week old never ate that much at a time, but burping after every ounce is a good general rule. It is good because that way they have a break for their brains to sense whether or not they are full. Good job momma!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Doc always said about half way through the bottle burping not nec. every ounce..but sounds good to me..is she spitting up like you fed too much or is she apearing satisfied after eating!?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010