What motivates you?

What motivates you to do good for others?
Is it your belief in humanity and how we are all here for each other?
Is it your belief in a deity, and you will be rewarded?
Is it you believe all good deeds come back to us, and you will be rewarded?
Any other reasons?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• WOW, it seems I can't even respond within my own question to a rude response to it!! Someone must have friends within the CM staff.
    But anyway, thanks for everyone elses' responses that stayed on target:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• the appreciation others have when I do good by them.....knowing that I have helped another person and done good makes me feel good about myself. That feeling is what motivates me.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Prayer - It helps so much. Some of my prayers have been answered.
    Anonymous

• Prayer - It helps so much. Some of my prayers have been answered."

How does this motivate you to help others?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• several...
    A) I only have this ONE life and I would like to be remembered in a positive light, what I do now is my legacy.
    B) What goes around comes around, if you are a kindhearted person, in turn when you need things they will be a lot more likely to come back to you.
    C) There is a huge "gray area" of things that are questionable, and though they may be, some things are just $h!tty to do so someone, or allow to happen- regardless of the context.
    D) It is never right to hurt someone for the express purpose of personal gain.

I am frightened by people who believe that being/doing good is based on what their imaginary friends tell them. Those same imaginary friend also tell them to do things like bomb abortion clinics... "Morals" are subjective, and are in NO way based on a theoretical dog or deity... oh, wait... had a lysedxic moment. meant to say dog.. well, darn did it again.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Because it's the right thing to do.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• ditto kristi, but I was raised Christian but as far as our actions I was raised that our actions kinda get us a few brownie points BUT now I know that our actions mean nothing, they don't put us in any favor with God.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Compassion and love for others.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• God
    Anonymous

• Jesus motivates me. I find he handled everyone and everything with the perfect temperment. I get joy out of helping others and its part of my personality. Trying to connect to people make me feel human.

Do you watch CNN? Have you seen the featured people on there. The ones that go to other countries and help really destetude (sp?) people? NOW THAT IS SOME MOTIVATION!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010