Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which program should I go through to finish my Bachelor's degree?

I have a little over 90 semester hours in Elementary Education, however, I had to get a full time job and I am looking for an online program. For the job I want, it requires a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. If I don't have a degree in either one then I have to have a Bachelor's and be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of child development from birth-5 years old. The first program will take me 1 1/2 to 2 years to complete and I will have a degree in Early Childhood Education. The second program will allow me to do a degree completion and I will be able to complete a B.S. in General Studies with an emphasis in Education in about 1 year. I am really not sure which program I should go through. Any thoughts?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in

Answers (6)
  • the longer program that gives you a degree in education. The other only gives you an emphasis.

    I don't really like online programs i think they are a scam, but that decision is up to you. I had some bad experiences with kaplan.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • OP Here- that is why I am going through a State University online program.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • I would go with the one which will benifit you the most in the future. Early childhood education

    Answer by charisma10 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • Whichever program has the best job prospects in your area. Do your research!

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

  • You just have research it well. I do Liberty University's online program (rated number 1 I believe it was last year for online classes). That have 2 different education degrees. The one you get from taking on campus classes certifies you to teach. However, the one online doesn't (but if you are doing early childhood by what I know you don't need certification). If you want to go into teaching that you really need an education degree with a concentration or emphasis in early childhood.

    Answer by purpleducky at 11:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

  • The one in which you get the degree in education, it will give you more opportunities.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.