Why is it that people care less about

your second child then the first? I am pregnant with my second one right now.My first was a girl and my second is a boy I am bout to pop now and for some reason it feels like no one cares about this pregnancy... friends, family ,no one. I try to talk to my family and husband about baby names and things like that and what to buy for a boy and no one wants to talk about it they just change the subject ...has anyone else felt this way or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't I love both of my girls, equally, for different reasons, but as a mom I thought how could I love my 2nd like I do my first then she was born and it's different and I do love them both very much. They are two different girls but I have just as much love for both.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I hope they come around and love the 2nd baby too, they will just give them time to see the baby and get to know him, everyone loves a baby, they might change their heart after they finally see him, but they could treat you a little better good luck.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am in the opposite situation...everyone was all excited and happy and wanting to talk about this second preg. but i just dont want to! I dont want to pick out a name, I dont want anyone to touch my belly...and im just not all that into it...and im 7 months now!!! all i really wanna do is get this pregnancy over with!!! But i do get excited when i think about the two of them growing up together and playing and all that great stuff...people just look at me like im crazy when it comes to my reactions over their questions or comments!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think it may have to do with the new wearing off so to say. A lot of people think ohh youve allready gone through it so you dont need anything or you dont need any help beacuse you know what to expect. When that is the futherest from the truth the second one is harder because you have something to compare it to. But I think people just think that since you had one you know what to do. And they dont want to take away from the first but in doing so they take away from the second.
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 7:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i'm on my third pregnancy and thats how people act. with my first everyone was interested because it was twins and with my second his family was happy i didnt even tell mine till i was 7 1/2 months. but with this one everyone just acts like its not even there. i'm in early labor now and people still dont want to pay attention. we havnt picked out a name yet. if i try and talk about it hes like will figure it out, i;m like when when the babys 5. but hopefully after the baby is born people will come around. i know its hard but you can just keep bonding with the baby and like i said hope that people will come around. they probably will though. its hard to ignore a baby. lol good luck
    Anonymous

• it sound more like you care about getting attention yourself instead of the baby, maybe they are annoyed.
    Anonymous

• That's so sad! Babies are exciting regardless if it's your first or fifth! I hope they come around for you hun. Congratulations!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2010