Do any1 check the sex offenders in there area

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 6:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do for real, my kids will be educated about sex offenders, kidnappings and murders and how to be safe, I watch nancy grace and cold case shows like that and people are sick!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• yep, the closest one we have is on the other side of the neighborhood... unfortunately classification is NOT listed, so I don't know what it was for. Oh well, I HIGHLY doubt that he is going to break into my home and @$$ rape my kids. I'm NOT defending sex offenders, just saying that it is those that are NOT registered that pose the threat. KWIM?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I checked when I moved into my recent home and started taking walks around my neighborhood. Fortunately, I live fairly close to a couple of schools so I feel fairly safe. That doesn't stop me from being paranoid when I see someone creepy though.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We did check each time we had to move. Now we don't move ever 3 years my husband is signed up on a site that sends you a red alert email if one moves in within a certain distance of your home.

http://www.nationalalertregistry.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?product=NAR&affiliate=899351

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• every once in a great while

http://www.familywatchdog.us/
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I have and found out that we have one in our apartment building. I'm weary of everyone I see that may fit his description.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I check about twice a year and there aren't any living close by but they do appear once in a while in the parks. : (
    I hate our three strikes policy. One strike of rape should be enough to put these people away to me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Not anymore. There are way too many within miles of my house to even try to keep track of them. The last time I checked, there were 24 within a six block radius. I just live too close to the county jail/polie department.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I don't. I don't find the lists very useful and people can get on them for the dumbest things (like urinating in public or for having sex with their 16yo girlfriend when they are 18/19 years old which follows them forever). I just teach my kids to be aware of their surroundings and what to do if anyone tries to grab them/touch them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• yes i do. There’s a site that shows you their picture and what exactly they were convicted of that i use. We just won't go trick-or-treating at their house this October.
    ReiReally

Answer by ReiReally at 10:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2010