My 15-yr-old daughter's boyfriend is in and out of our house all the time. Are we normal?

He comes over every morning, picks her up for school, eats dinner with us very often and they do their homework together almost every day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds normal to me, as long as you know what they're doing and where they are. Seems they're pretty open about everything. I'd say itd be a problem if they were being sneaky..
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• agree with pp
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think as long as you set up rules, like in my house the rule was no closing the door when boys were over, that it is fine.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• That is entirely up to you. If he is trustworthy, likeable, considerate and kind to your daughter, fine. . If he isn't then you may wish to consider setting boudaries and limits. Great these days that kids even do their homework properly.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• As long as he's respectful of the rules, follows them I don't see a problem with it.
    Also, that they're not doing any hanky panky while you're not looking.

It's up to you whether you're comfortable with him being over that much. For me it would be okay as long as I liked the kid, he respected my daughter, her parents and our home. Etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It's better that they're together all the time in the presence of parents. It means that they are both respectful and aren't up to no good. It's not like he's spending the night or she's sneaking out to see him. I think it's wonderful that she is comfortable enough to bring him around you and your husband, and that she's made a choice to be with someone that you approve of. (I'm assuming you approve because he frequently has dinner at your house lol) I think you and your husband are doing a great job and are perfectly normal.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think it sounds fine...the only thing I would say is she is awful young to be so "into" one person but I know how it is when you're that age. I was very in love when I was 16 and so I do remember how that felt but now looking back I wish my parents had set more boundaries and forced me to branch out and do things other than my boyfriend, no pun intended. I just say watch how invested she becomes in him. But as long as they are doing healthy activities together and she seems to be thriving well then thats great! Also, when another kid likes hanging out at your house more than their own sometimes that can mean there are issues at their own homes they wish to stay away from, ya know...but really who knows, everything could be fine and he could just really like your daughter :-)
    Anonymous

• I'd rather them be at my houes where I can keep track of them than at someone else's house. The same goes with any of my son's friends. That way I have the control.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Right now we are thankfully between girlfriends, but some how they always end up at my house (I do prefer it that way so I know what they are doing).
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010