Is anyt one else ready to pull their hair out????

I am!!!!!
The older they get the fewer the tantrums are, but they are LOUDER when they happen, and go on forever....UGH
My 6 yr old is screaming as I type. (I am making him stay in his room for the duration of it, but I am ready for it to end allready!!)

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah that method seems to be working for you... Pretend he's not there and he surely wouldn't get any louder to let you know he's upset,lol.... I would suggest standing him at the wall right next to you and insist he's quiet or he will stand there longer..
    Anonymous

• Mines 8 and the new thing with her is whinning and her tantrums are more extrem like louder and go on longer.I 've learned to tune her out then she says I'm ignorring her but at least I'm not getting so stressed out and yelling back.Tuning out is my new tactic but I have to respond a couple times so her feelings don't get hurt.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I am... my daughter has just at 2.5 years gone from a sleep master to a sleep monster... it's a battle for nap and bedtime and all through the night... my husband's dealing with her right now and has been for the past 40 minutes...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2010