anyone choose not to be told sex of baby? did it make for a more exciting delivery?

found out with my first.now i am 17weeks along with second and planning on being surprised.just wondering what that moment is like when you finally find out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is great! We have not found out with any of our three and I love it! When the time comes, it is just so exciting to hear "It's a ...." Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 7:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• well i cant tell you how it feels when the baby come out cause i'm not quite there yet but i went that way this time. i have three boys and really want a girl, so i thought that i would just wait that way if it is a boy i wont feel bad cause he will be in my arms. and if its a girl then yay. its hard in the way of getting ready for the baby, i like the gender colors like blue or pink but cant run out and get stuff cause i dont know but i think it will be a great feeling when he or she comes.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We chose to not find out w/ our 3rd child. It drove people nuts! I loved it and the surprise was really fun
    Anonymous

• i know anon! i am surprised at how many people want me to find out the sex and act like i'm weird for waiting.kinda annoying.
    Anonymous

• I loved the surprise of not knowing. Everyone else couldn't understand why I chose not to find out.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• hubby and i agreed on it and never looked back. everyone told us we would argue over it. never did and we couldn't have been happier having it as a surprise and plan to do it again the next time around. it is an amazing moment when they announce the sex and you truly know at that moment you now have a son or a daughter.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It was a surprise for our first one, but with this one I want to find out. I was kind of disappointed with the first one because I had a c-section and while I was in recovery my hubby told everyone we had a boy! I guess he had to especially everyone who was at the hospital waiting, but I was disappointed not to be there when then found out.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I don't want to know for our next one but my husband wants to know! Ugh!! I'm so worried that he's going to slip up and say he or she once he knows. I already told him that if he does slip up, I'm going to be very upset with him! =)

Anonymous

• I think I would prefer to know because I would feel more prepared. With my first DD we found out and I was more able to pick out a name and it seemed like she had more of an identity, I could call her by her name as so forth. I know I wanted another baby so we saved ALL of the baby stuff. I'm due in Feb. with my second and we have not been able to find out due to the position of the baby. It's made it harder to pick out names (Although I think DH and I have FINALLY agreed on names!) and we really don't want to buy to much because if we have a girl we'll have everything well need but if it's a boy we need to buy some things. I agree that it's kind of exciting though but I would feel a whole bunch more prepared.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I didnt find out with my first..and that is one of my favorite memories ever...I can still picture it...that final push and then the doctor holding her up and seeing her for the first time framed by the "V" of my legs in the stirrups and saying "it's a girl!" LOL it was awesome. Everyone thought we were insane for not wanting to know and kept saying "how are you going to prepare?" my thought was always what difference does it make..you always have to prepare for the same thing...a baby. Plus I hate when other people pic out clothing...most of the time I hate it..so I am grateful I didn't have to deal with a bunch of ugly outfits that someone gave me (I know that sounds bad)..instead I got more useful things at my baby shower and that I was totally grateful for. I am prego with baby number 2 and will not find out with this one either! I would totally suggest going that route! It is too much fun!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010