Why are you against the supreme courts ruling on McCain/Feingold?

I am happy as hell that the supreme court ruled this way. The McCain/Feingold bill ignored the clear wording of the free speech clause and imposed draconian limits on political speech. The McCain/Feingold opened up the loophole 527's) for billionare socialists like George Soros to fund millions of dollars into such leftist orgs as Moveon.org, America coming together, joint victory campaign, campaign for a progressive future and the list goes on and on. While silencing the free speech for advertising for a chosen candidate by corporations. All the supreme court did was reinstate the first amendment and level the playing field.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am happy as hell that the supreme court ruled this way

I'll just bet you are!! Seems your ok with our elected officials being bought as well as votes .......

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• and your ok with people like george soros being able to fund all these commie marxist socialists funds thru a loophole? Do you have something against free speech? Do you even comprehend what they ruled?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I dont love it BUT tell ya what being SEIU and soros the marxist sob can do wth they have then why not? We KNOW why Obama and crew isnt happy lol and it isnt because they give a rip about your voice
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Are you going to be mad when the bought and paid for politicians are Democrats instead of Republicans?
    Anonymous

• It is the democrats bought and paid for right now! Hello...SEIU ..Soros..etc.. we all knew it months ago
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

That would be suicide for the corporations and it already happens now. How do you think Obama got elected?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I'm against corporate personhood entirely.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• and your ok with people like george to fund all these commie marxist thru a loophole? Do you have something against free speech? Do you even comprehend what they ruled?

Why do you reduce yourself to insults? Yes, Honey , I comprehend, do YOU? For someone who constantly brings up teh constitution you should be OUTRAGED. We aren't talking FREE SPEECH and you KNOW this! If there is a company that is uber popular and has much sway with the public......They as a large industry can USE that to get certain people elected, and in RETURN they would get favorable regulations and laws and the famous LOOPHOLES...

It negates the power of the people and the power of the people right to chose their next official based on their standing and not their corp. sponser who has BILLIONS riding on it.. Do YOU comprehend it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I totally get it sweet and as I said I dont love it and id rather neither gets to ...but if one is going to
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• As I said on another question...

Of course the conservatives are happy about this (until even there puny little voices are stomped out by the big corporations). Let's make sure that Exxon, Bank of America, GM, AIG, Merrill Lynch, CitiBank, Chrysler, Ford, and all those other huge companies who have more money than God, have the largest voice in the way our government is going. Just who I want in charge! The one's who sent this economy into a tail-spin in the first place. Great choice repubs!
    Anonymous