what's up with some Religious people? is having a husband at war and somking on my porch a sin?

Our neighbors across the courtyard are very religious. They have crosses hung all over the outside of their house when we moved here they Brought us fresh baked bread and a religious card. I went over and stuck a thank you card in their door. So fast forward a few months my husband was deployed. I put a blue star flag in the window and I use to smoke on the porch in the summer. Now they just stare like we are trash it also doesn't help my husband we next door to my chatty nosey neighbors house next door to tell her teenager to keep her music down (her mom wasn't home at time). Also I noticed a nice lady i met one house over who use to be very sweet is friends with the Religious people and she looks at us the same way lol. You would think people would be nicer with my husband being deployed and me being in a new town.. Tonight i put hearts in the window and they closed thier blinds like some criminal was casing thier house???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh boy!  You can have some fun on Halloween;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Oh boy.Sounds like you're in for some fun! Fuddy Duddy neighbors are the worst!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• HaHa... I can't tell you how much I wish I was you right now. I'm a very open very proud Pagan Witch... That would just be fun! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It would be like living across from Flanders! lol!

• I'm TOTALLY with beeky... if that is where it is headed, don't let it get you down- have FUN with it!

I had neighbors like that in a very small town we lived in- only, when I caught the old lady torturing and drowning squirrels (that she had caught in HUMANE traps) it all ended... I totally recorded her doing this and anonymously sent videos to a couple of different sources. And she treated me like I was the freak... OMG!
    the stories she circulated around the neighborhood! (same neighbor who reported up to CPS for being "Them Atheists that sacrifice their babies to the devil", i believe is how she put it... wow, people are effed up!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• sorry hun...don't worry about them-sounds like they are crazy! do what you wanna do- I think I would try to have some fun with it too if it were me ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Are you sure that they're judging you? Seems like you're judging them based on a religious card???
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• OP here-I'm a Christian myself so you are way off, Daphne...

Anonymous

• Just have fun with it. Wave and say HI with a huge smile on your face. That drives people crazy. I'd have a big huge US flag on my porch and yellow ribbons up until my husband came home.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I don't know what's worse, that or if they were constantly trying to recruit you into their church! If the neighbors are listening to her, especially after meeting you and talking with you, then you really don't want to be friends with them. I'm with everyone else, have fun with it!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2010