Calling all car seat police! :)

I need a car seat for my daughter. She will be 3 in April, and is currently 31lbs and 38inches. The seat she currently has is one that Im having second thoughts about. It only harnesses up to 40lbs, and I would really prefer one that harness to at least 50, if not 60lbs. I need one that is decently priced, and one that I can use for my son in a few years. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you have a Costco they sell an Eddie Baurer one that goes up to 60lbs for 100.00.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Mine is a Britax and it is up to 65 lbs. But it was $300.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• If she is 31 lbs at 3 you really need one that harnesses up to 60 lbs? My son was 33 lbs at 18 months, and is 51 lbs at 6 yrs old....how olong do you plan on keepiong her in a non booster?

Not trying to sound rude - honeslty asking...
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Farrah~ I don't have a costco around here. And MLM~ We are on a limited budget of $160 or less, so the Britax is out of my budget, but thank you.

_OP_
    Anonymous

• mommymeg- I plan on keeping her harnessed as long as possible. If that means she is harness going to kindergarden, then so be it. IMO, she is safer that way

_OP_
    Anonymous

• also to add, she is in a high back booster right now, becuase it was all I could afford. But I don't feel that she is as safe as possible in it.

_OP_
    Anonymous

• I have a alpha omega carseat...it is a convertible/booster seat all in one. It can hold a child up to 100lbs. It was a little pricey but then again I have been using it for 4 yrs now and totally worth the $. I have also heard wonderful things about the Graco Nautilus carseat..it also holds up to 100 lbs. Be on the look out for sales...I know last week Target had a bunch of car seats on sale..but spring time is usually when they have baby sales.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• ok - that makes sence.....

I dont remember how much I paid for the one my son used to have, but I got it at burlington coat factory I think
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• OP- my dd is almost 9, is 4'6 and weights 53 lbs... in MOST states it is until the age of 10 or 80 lbs in a booster. I admire parents who are willing to take the step toward KEEPING THEIR LOW WEIGHT CHILD PROPERLY RESTRAINED.

Have you looked at ordering one online and having it shipped to the store to be picked up? it will not cost a dime more to have it shipped to walmart, targer, babies r us, toys r us, sears, or any of the other major department stores... it will also let you compare price, rating, weight/height requirements, and a lot of other features... just Google whatever store is nearest, and you can check their website.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Obby- I have been looking online for a while now, and im just not sure when one is the best. There is the Graco Nautilus and the Saftey 1st Alpha Mega Elite that have the best reviews

_OP_
    Anonymous