Gun activists hire attorney for a boy expelled for having guns in his car on school property?

They actually got the expulsion over turned!? Last I checked any school would expell someone who brought guns on campus. Why is this kid getting away with it? They get him an attorney? wth? The principal still feels he did the right thing.
Hang on I'll find the link.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they screwed up by nailing him outside school property. It did make them look bad. I just hope it doesn't give irresponsible children the idea that they can bring guns to school and not reap consequences. It didn't say that anyone entered his vehicle. They were in the bed of his truck in lain view and a locating dog found them.
    Anonymous

• i agree with you. guns don't belong on school property. and i'm all for our right to bare arms.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Since I don't know the story I would say that the reason would most likely be that he had been hunting or something of that kind, and the guns were forgotten in the vehicle. Also his car is his property and they don't have the right to search it without a warrant or permission.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• http://www.willows-journal.com/articles/school-4185-willows-tudesko.html
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Who cares if the guns were for hunting! He had ammo and two shotguns in his car! No kid under the age of 18 has any business driving around with stuff like that in his car. Especially at school!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• btw my hubby is an avid hunter and agreed totally with me.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• WHERE was this? Is there a link? My DH grew up in a VERY rural area in the south where having a gun rack in your truck was completely normal and MOST of the guys kept knives on them too. BIG hunting/agriculture town. I dont really care here nor there about the court ruling BECAUSE the kids who bring the guns to school in a gun rack in the truck or something like that ARENT the kids you have to WORRY about. Its SO silly. The kids who want to kill people are STILL going to bring guns to school NO MATTER what the court rules!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Thats BS! kids are expelled for having pocket knives,or plasic butter knives for their lunch,and this kid gets off!?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I disagree, we a a hunting family and I know that my DH had hunting guns in his car al of the time before he was 18. This just shows that the world has some serious ignorance about the purpose of guns. My children will be allowed to take their guns in their cars, but yes they shouldn't go to school, but mistakes occur.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Momof3 I gave you a link...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2010