What should I do about my husband?

My husband left the house without telling me where he was going. His phone is turned off and he has been gone six hours. I am beyond furious and think what he is doing is 100% disrespectful. I feel like as a wife I deserve to be treated better. He knows he can leave whenever he wants, I am not control freak but to leave without telling me and not to even call and to turn your off is just downright rude and disrespectful. I'm so angry I could leave him, except that seems silly considering he is not abusive or a cheater.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• change the locks...you can give him a key to the new one tomorrow, but it will prove your point when ever he finally gets home...
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• lol this happened to me too. and now that it's over and done with i just feel stupid for even thinking the way i did. the thing is that u can assume all you want about your husband and what he may be doing and think that it's disrespectful but it won't make a difference unless you talk to him about it. i made the mistake of keeping it in until i exploded and started cussing at him and arguing about how he was so rude and disrespectful for just leaving me like that and going off and not telling me what time he's coming home etc. etc. etc. but that was a way for him to hear what was going on in my head (tho not the best way) and he realized that, deg i didn't tell her what time i'd come home and i'd be mad too. so it has never happened again. just talk to him, girl. don't be scared to tell him how you feel.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• You'r just angry right now (rightfully so). Although what he did isn't bad enough to leave him over it is wrong and disrespectful and I'm sure it would bother him if you did it. It's not much to ask for for him to check in after a couple hours or leave his phone on so you're not worried about him. That's just common courtosy. You may not own him but you are his wife.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think I would be worried than angry. You may tell him that he needs to let you know where he is and when he'll be back just for your peace of mind knowing that he is okay.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Hmmm I think you should act relieved when he comes home. Give him a big hug and say, "Oh my gosh honey, thank God you're home! I was so worried about you! I'm glad you made it home safely." See how he reacts to your touch, if he smells like makeup or perfume, pay attention to every little detail. This is beyond disrespectful of him to do to you.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We just had a talk here about needing to know where the other one is, and one of my thoughts was how am I supposed to get my DH if I need him for an emergency (or him for me). If a child got injured, or one of us, we always need to be able to get a hold of each other somehow. It isn't about not trusting him, it is just for the sake of the family in case one of us is needed. Maybe approach it that way with your husband when you talk to him. I think what he did was very disrespectful and I wouldn't like it one bit if I were you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I would be scared as hell.
    But my DH is the type to call if he is even running 10 min late from work.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 9:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Some men think since they are king of their castle they don't need to explain themselves to anyone. I do think it's common courtesy to tell a wife or even a roommate when to expect them to come back so call his mom and tell her that she did a bad job of raising him. I'm sure she'd kick his butt!
    Anonymous

• nicolmstacy is smart...but I say, take it a step further and give him a bj...if he smells like soap...then he washed up before he came home...other smells are obvious, some men don't even bother to wash up after cheating they just come home and immediately jump in the shower...catch him on his way in if that's the case and go down on him before he gets in ...why on earth are you so sure he isn't cheating? Women are so naive and trusting sometimes~! Cheating is serious business, besides the emotional trauma there are std's out there and aids = death...I have a friend who trusted his partner and is now dying of aids..it's real, it happens, be smart.
    Anonymous

• "Hmmm I think you should act relieved when he comes home. Give him a big hug and say, "Oh my gosh honey, thank God you're home! I was so worried about you! I'm glad you made it home safely." See how he reacts to your touch, if he smells like makeup or perfume, pay attention to every little detail. This is beyond disrespectful of him to do to you. "

I agree. Lay on the love.. his guilt will come shining through eventually....
    Anonymous