HOW DO I BEGIN NIGHT-TIME POTTY TRAINING ?

I'M SURE THIS ? HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE BUT CAN YOU LADIES GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO BEGIN NIGHT-TIME POTTY TRAINING ? WHAT DID YOU DO ?

MY SON IS PRETTY MUCH DAY-TIME POTTY TRAINED IN PULL-UPS RIGHT NOW AND SOON-TO-BE IN REAL UNDERWEAR.

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 9:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make sure he goes right before bed and don't let him drink much before bedtime either- other than that...good luck. Some kids will wake up to go and some won't...make sure the bed has a plastic sheet. be prepared to wash everything and not to get angry about bed wetting-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i didnt. dd tauin herself. she had a whole month aths she woke up with no wet pull up. so i decided it was time for undies. she was 29 mts. and she had an accident the first night( my fault i gave her water nad for got to remin her to go potty before bed) we tried again the next night and no porblem she is 34 mts and has had one more accident after that and itt was last week. my fault again. i let her fall asleep with out going potty
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• taught
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think night training should just happen on its own. Limit beverages 2 hours before bed, if they go to bed with a sippy cup, only fill it half way. Pee after brushing teeth, immediately before bed. Use pull ups until they are dry more mornings than not. Remind him to use the bathroom as SOON as he wakes up, too. Good luck!
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Is he in a bed or a crib? I'd make sure he was in a bed first so he can get up to go if needed.

We started with only one or two sips allowed after dinner, making sure he went to the bathroom right before bedtime, and then waking him to up to go the bathroom before we went to bed about 12:00 or 12:30 every night. After about a month or a month and a half of that we followed the minimal sips thing still, and going the the bathroom right before bed, but eliminated the waking up part. ..It worked. He didn't wet after that.
    Anonymous

• Maybe when you get up at night to go bring him too. Cut his liquids off a few hours before bed outside of a sip or so, get the plastic mattress cover, and when he goes during the night make a big deal about ti to everyone in front of him during the day. I don't think there is a right way bc all kids are so different when it comes to this.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 9:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• when he goes during the night make a big deal about ti to everyone in front of him during the day.

NO. embarrasing him and making him feel bad will not help him wake up in the night to go. Just clean it up and tell him it's OK and move on
    Anonymous

• "I think night training should just happen on its own. Limit beverages 2 hours before bed, if they go to bed with a sippy cup, only fill it half way. Pee after brushing teeth, immediately before bed. Use pull ups until they are dry more mornings than not. Remind him to use the bathroom as SOON as he wakes up, too. Good luck!"

Couldn't agree more!
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2010