How do I face the truth? Please Read.

I asked God to reveal to me the truth. What I uncovered after much research, looking into history, studying religions, etc. I've come to the conclusion that there is no right religion. (Please don't answer this question to try to convince me that the bible is the infallable word of God.) I know now that it isn't. I've found the truth kicking and screaming and realized that the religion I was brought up to believe in, is based on hearsay and myth. Basically just stories passed down and eventually written down a hundred years later.(hardly reliable) I feel liberated in a way, but in a way I also feel the guilt. I feel like now I'm determined to go to hell, but I know that what was revealed to me was the truth and in essence an answer to my prayer from God. What did you do when you realized the truth and how did you deal with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do not feel guilty for what YOU have found to be true for YOU!
    If it is liberating for YOU then YOU go for it... wither it's a different religious path or not it is
    and always has been YOUR choice...
    1. I do not believe that there is a ONE TRUE Religion...
    2. I do not believe in the concept of Hell, that to is a man-made place (JMO)
    3. We were born with minds of our own to learn, to search and seek out what
    is right for us, wither it's a life's choice or religious one...
    4. Don't let others bully you into giving up on YOUR new found beliefs...
    Let ppl know they need YOUR permission to steal them from you...

I wish you Blessings on your new found Journey
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Maybe it was an answer to your prayer, but I doubt it came from God...I think it's actually the opposite.
    Anonymous

• I was about 20 when I realized there is not doubt in my there is a God. About 35 when he revealed his truth to me. I embraced him with all his glory
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is a right or wrong religion. I think that religion is "many paths up the same mountain." As for feeling condemned to hell- well, (a) I don't believe that ignorance can be viewed the same as a consious decision to do wrong to another living being and (b) the vast majority of belief systems have the same basic moral code. Those "universal" morals are easy to justify even without religion as just ways people live more harmoniously as a society. I must say, I'm generally confused as to why you would feel you'd be punished for doing right, to the best of your knowledge.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• there is no right religion~
    I believe that there is no ONE right religion.
    I grew up Mormon (kinda), but have since come to the conclusion that anything that makes you want to be a better person, is what is your right for you at that time. (And that may change over the course of your life.)
    For me, I hope there is an after life, but the existence of a creator makes no difference in who I try to be.
    I think life is way too short to worry about it and what church is 'true.' I'll find out when I am dead, 'til then, I just want to be a good mom, wife, and friend.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 9:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Tom Robbins said "All religions are an attempt to organize spirituality, and one cannot organize spirituality without killing it" I am not 'religious" and I don't go to church, but I'm very connected on a spiritual level to God...I had a miracle healing, I have recieved prophecy and recieved the gift of tongues. I am not married and I pray with my boyfriend and we have seen many many answered prayers...God is powerful if you draw near to him he will draw near to you. Follow your heart, that's where God speaks to you.
    Anonymous

• I think it was like you said stories passed down, but ask one who told that story and see what they say about it, ask for proof. Then get your bible out and show him or her the TRUTH.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think you did the first two important "searching and pondering" sections of truth seeking, but didn't complete it with the third: praying with real intent (meaning your 100% willing to act on the answer whatever it is).

You see, if the answer of truth was given to you as an answer to prayer after all that seeking, you wouldn't feel discontent. Truth from God feels right and peaceful and clear and obvious.

Notice I didn't say swallow whatever this or that denomination wants to feed you - this is a very personal and private process...but if you complete it all, you will feel that peace you're seeking.

Anonymous

• The truth shall set you free. lol. I went through similar feelings at first.. mainly because it's hard to separate from something you've known your whole life. It'd be like growing up in a house, and then seeing it after 20 years, burning to the ground. You'll always remember the memories of the house.. even though you know it's no longer there..and even though you've found something a lot better for you personally.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• There is not always peace in truth.
    Anonymous