Pregnancy & Traveling

It's dangerous for a pregnant women to travel on a plane? Which are the possible risks?

Lizyari

Asked by Lizyari at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Travel

• Depends how many weeks along you are. Before a certain point it's fine, but beyond a certain point most airlines won't even let a pregnant woman on. This would be a question better directed to your doctor/OB.
    Anonymous

• I had a low risk pregnancy and I flew when I was around 6 months pregnant. My midwife said I could fly up until 37 weeks. She said to just walk around the plane for a few minutes if you are flying for more than 2 hours. You should ask your doctor, though, just to make sure.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• Just talk to your ob or midwife before your trip. I flew from Denver to Tel Aviv at 6 months. I requested a roomier place on the plane for seating. We were there for 3 weeks and then Paris for a week. The only issue I had was that I got a cold. You can catch one going to the grocery store, so the travel wasn't what did it. Just get up and stretch as often as possible. I also carried a note from my ob that contained any necessary info like normal pg, blood type, twins, single, etc.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2010