teen pregnancy

has anyone had a baby at a young age and hid it from their parents? how did that workout?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not my sisters had babies at a young age. 16 and 17. one try toot. the 17yr old was marry. as for my other sister, she went to another country.almsot lost the baby, her boyfriend dump her. left her all alone. she came back to the us 7mts preggo. my neice is now 11 yrs old. hiding is not a good idea at all.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• if you need anything msg me. i had my first at 19. i was marry at 18 but i saw my sisters go thru pregnacies at a young age
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i got pregnant at 16 and had my baby at 17. i hid my pregnancy up until 8 months and had no prenatal care and because of things that happnd earlier in my life that i dont feel so comfortable talking about i found out when i was 8 months (cause i finally told my parents, got slapped and kicked out"they say because i didnt tell them) that i had an STD that because i didnt seek prenatal care earlier could have effected the development of my baby's lungs. not the smartest thing to do. he came out fine though, but i never should've risked his life just because i was scared to tell my parents. my parents love me and even after i was kicked out they brought me back because life was just too hard.
    Anonymous

• um.. i can say i did,,, i was only 17 years old when i found out i was pregnant,,, but before i found out.. i had a feeling i might be cause my belly was starting to get a lil big.. but that was unusual for me cause it takes alot for me to gain weight.. and i was gettting hungry more often.. and my belly button was starting to poke out.. i didnt know what to do.. i didnt wanna tell my mom cause she wouldve killed me.. so i didnt know who to talk to .. so at school i went and talked to my Guidence Counseler.. and talk to her about how i may be pregnant.. and i didnt have the money to get a test.. so she bought me a test... when i went to take it. it didnt work.. so she got another one i drank alot of water and took it and it came out positive.. i was pregnant.. i was waiting to tell my mom.. i was waiting for the right day and right moment to tell her cause she was hardly in a good mood.. i just wore big clothes like...
    bestmomtobeever

Answer by bestmomtobeever at 9:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• pullovers and sweatshirts to hid the little pooch i had.. but then one day my sides started to hurt really bad and didnt know what it was so we ended up going to the emergancy room and thats when she found out!!! :) you trying to hide it from your parents?
    bestmomtobeever

Answer by bestmomtobeever at 9:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I think its got to be the dumbest thing to hide something that serious from anyone in your life.. especially if those ppl are ur support system. Prenatal care is SO important, especially for a teen pregnancy, where so many complications could arise. Think about it this way... nothing can be said or done today that wont be said or done when ur 8 months pregnant or showing. Why not get it over with now and save the drama of a lie? Your baby is worth so much more. Gl...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2010