my daughter isn't eating much

my 2 yr old girl is going through this thing where she doesnt eat that much. i've heard when they are hungry they'll eat. i dont know if i should make her sit down and make her stay there or if i should just tell her this is what is for dinner u dont have to eat it but we're not eating again until the next meal. what do u ladies think?

shawnajo

Asked by shawnajo at 9:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes is a phase. and it will last for a whole. my dd is almsot 3 and still on that pahse. she will eat when she is hungry. try offering her healthy snack. trhu out the day. my dd loves carrots and cheerios. also try to keep the foods she will eat at home. and just cuz she likes soemthing this week she might not like it next week. i know what foods my dd will eat so i try to cook those the most. i do cook others food and i do make her eat one bite of whatver new food i cook.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• i also have a two year who's a picky eater, and it's right when they're hungry they will eat. but i try to give her something i know she will eat, like cereal, oatmeal, grits, fruits (she love bananas) and some meat (chopped of course). i've learned that you can't make them sit and eat because they won't. so give them something simple...even if it's che boyardee meal, my daughter will eat them til she not hungry anymore and she will tell me if she wants more!!!!

good luck, i'm feeling your pain right now, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I learned this in a nutrition class -- and I think it's a great way to do the parent-child food relationship thing.

The parent controls when mealtime and snack time is, and what options are on the table for your kid to eat.

The child controls which of those options on the table they'll eat and how much.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• pp is right on the money................watch what you offer and when but let her choose how much............at ths age they dont really eat meals they just graze ..............all day long...........lol
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2010