Cervical Dysplasia

Okay, so almost a year ago (will be a year in February) I got my annual pap test. Everything was normal. Before that I felt (because I check to make sure everything feels normal "in there"...maybe TMI...anyway, I felt what felt like rough patches on my cervix...so I was curious and I sort of scratched it off....okay, I know this sounds gross, but I freaked out...so IDC. It looked like skin..same color and texture....anyway, pap came back fine, but I still feel these things...sometimes they are there and sometimes they aren't. Could it be cervical dysplasia or something else. I read CD can turn into cancer. I have a pap test next month...and i am going to ask. I was curious as to if any of you have had what I am describing. Also, I do not have HPV. So, IDK what this is...but it is scary as hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2010 in Health

• Well the only thing I can suggest is bringing it to your doctor's attention and see what they say about it.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Why do you think it is CD? Why that?

I find it interesting on what you did to actually reach up in there and manage to scratch something off of your cervix...I wish I could tell you something but I am sure you are fine just keep getting those paps regularly. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Just ask the doctor. If you had dysplasia or hpv it would show up on a pap. Those two I believe are diagnoised as almost the same thing....When I had it anyway one doctor told me dysplasia and another one said HPV. I had cryotherapy and haven't had a problem in 7 years. Don't be afraid to ask. If it is something, it's just needs to be taken care of and your done. Could be something from your birth control or an allergic reaction to condom, or some fluke like that.

I also find it interested that you got all up there....maybe we all have that problem, but I for one don't think I can reach up there. :)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Butterfly1108....do you not check yourself? I mean, that is kinda scary...If you give yourself a breast exam...what is different about feeling inside your stuff to make sure everything feels okay? And to answer your question- it's not hard to do that...have you never felt your cervix?
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 11:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2010

• LOL..it's not hard...how do you think doctors and nurses can feel someone's cervix to check if they are dilated....it's no different, really. Not hard at all! Anyway, I am just paranoid! It' not everyday that I "check." Maybe like once or twice a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2010